SEARCH TOOL

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Introducing the Students at the Mahenzo Mission School

Habari Za Asubuhi (Good Morning)!

I want to introduce to you some of the students at the Mahenzo Mission School that I had the opportunity to teach. The students were very respectful, sweet, and gentle. They are very bright and vibrant individuals as well. I had the opportunity to record and ask them their name, ages and what they wanted to do when they grow up. Many of them wanted to grow up to help their family and their people. To have so little but have the biggest hearts allowed me to be in the presence of the Lord. I remember when I was teaching one of the afternoon classes and I walk into the classroom, the students were sitting and waiting patiently for instructions. I said to them, "Good afternoon class" and they all stood up and in unison said, "Good afternoon teacha." Wow! Amazing! that was the epitamy of my teaching experience.  I believe every person is valuable and deserves to be recognize. That's why it was so important for me to capture the students on video. I wanted people to see their heart, their soul, to see them as humans with a purpose. Although these students are far , technology as allotted them to be near in soul and spirt. All of the videos are recordings of some of the young girls at the school. The first video is Anna, 14 years old. I see leader written all over her. She won my heart and I am so happy to have had the opportunity to meet Anna. Enjoy the videos!











No comments:

Post a Comment