SEARCH TOOL

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Student Journal: How would you teach students if you were a teacher?


If I were a teacher, I would help my students learn in a number of ways. Since I am seeking to become a teacher, I have already begun to think with a teacher mindset. First off, I would become more secure with each child's learning ability. I feel that if you know how your student learns, it is easier for them to cope with you as a teacher. I'd then have a group follow up (open discussion) so that every child would be able to speak their minds on what they feel about the subject, course , etc; depending on what we're talking about. I'd also listen very closely so that I could hear every child's opinion and comment. I'd be sure to not miss anybody. I'd also have a one on one talk set aside for each and every student, 3 at a time, to sit and discuss the elements of learning. Whatever subject we're focusing on or lesson that would be a great time to help hit the focus points of each student. If I were a teacher, I'd help my students be the best they could be. I would teach them to never give up, keep trying, keep striving, and don't look back. Every student doesn't learn at the same balance so it is important that we walk along with them not leave them expecting them to run after us. Teachers have to be willing to put their ALL into teaching. A child's life depends on that Teacher(s) teaching skills. So to hit the basic points, I'd help my students learn all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment